Friday 3 May 2013

Smoothie Operator

Day 3

Well today started with a green smoothie: coconut water, mango, cos lettuce, apple and parsley... Well, actually it started with a view of the most amazing crimson sunrise... But, then, the smoothie. The lettuce needed to be used - not the easiest taste first thing in the morning, but going raw is partly about retraining your taste buds to appreciate the natural flavours of food... 

I was a little worried about doing a workout at the gym on what I perceived to be a lighter breakfast than what I'd normally eat... But I had energy to spare... and the buzzing feeling continued, which helped for the final round of the circuit! I pinched one of their complimentary apples - thanks $25 a week membership - and munched and strolled around Salamanca witnessing the frenetic autumn leaves! Tasmania is truly a beautiful place with very distinct seasons...The rich variation of the leafy hues really warm my soul - which is good, because it is fucking cold down here at times - especially with the southerly winds we get in Hobart. Hello Antarctica!!



Speaking of wind, I was feeling quite bloated (for less shock to the digestive system, it's probably a better idea to slowly ease in to a Raw Food Diet - but I don't do things in halves) and I felt like I'd exercised as much as possible, and drank as much water as possible, so I decided to eat some Sprouted Bread - (from my rudimentary research I'm 99% convinced that it is raw). I really, really wanted an avocado on it, but experienced a bit of a Goldilocks moment: of the two avocadoes at hand, one was waaaay too (ahem) raw and the other, pretty much black. So I spread a banana on it. It was just right; delicious really. Although rather dense - and took a LONG time to eat. Chew chew chew. One of the interesting things I found was the subtle honey flavours I was picking up, although there was no honey on the menu. My taste buds were trippin'!

A cup of tea for afternoon tea and I was feeling very satisfied. Dinner was a salad - with cos lettuce, grated beetroot, grated cucumber, grated carrot, cashew pieces, pepitas, sesame seeds and a dressing of water, lime juice and garlic. Totally rad. It was like eating a crunchy rainbow of love.


I even have a bit of Loving Earth's Maqui Luvju Raw Chocolate to nibble on for desert. The Maqui berry is considered the highest antioxidant fruit on the planet, and it's yummy, and the chocolate is shaped like a heart. So much love in one little package! Kind of like a Shetland Pony.*
Luvju all! ❤ ♡ ❤ 

*Raw chocolate is nothing like a Shetland pony.
     

No comments:

Post a Comment