Thursday 2 May 2013

On the second day ...

Day 2

Well, there's definitely something in this raw food thing for energy... I've felt amazing all day! Positively buzzing!


Breakfast was off to a great start - as I actually awoke before my alarm to blend cashew nuts for milk. Once blended, I soaked chia seeds in the nut milk for about two hours while I did my daily yoga and walked the dog. After blending the chia gel, with dates, linseed, sunflower seeds, almonds, cinnamon, I topped it with some raspberries and passionfruit. The result: awesome. The only thing I would've added was cacao. Next time.

Lunch was a salad - avocado, parsley, cos lettuce and capsicum (red and green). I nibbled on nuts and goji berries whenever I got hungry and a cup of Lemon and Ginger Yerba Mate to try and fight off the afternoon chill.

Dinner was a spectacular raw spaghetti bolognaise. I made some zucchini fettucine (with a vegie peeler - fancy!) and the bolognaise sauce was tomotoes, a bit of beetroot (for colour), green capsicum, a small amount of fennel, parsley, a small amount of dates and some Himalayan sea salt. It was so tasty I peeled some more 'noodles' and had seconds.


I can't post photos (something to do with the stupid internets - but will try again tomorrow) but in the mean time - check out this video. Hehe.

I'm off to bed - with a massive chocolate craving! But the best thing about raw - being able to go to bed with a full tummy.

     














No comments:

Post a Comment